Wulfman’s CDT Race Details
* A point-to-point 14K race on the Continental Divide Trail (CDT) between Homestake Pass and Pipestone Pass in Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest. The race is run from Homestake to Pipestone in even years and in reverse direction in odd years. You may consider this trail gentle if you are used to the rugged back woods. See trail photos taken at each kilometer. The trail provides good footing in most places, and the correct path is clearly marked for the race. You may also find the Wulfman’s tips useful for running this route.
* The trail is too narrow for a mass start, so seeded time-trial starting/timing format is used, with starting assignments beginning at 8 a.m, (9 a.m. in odd numbered years) and with runners starting every 10 seconds, thereafter. Your race number will coincide with your assigned start time. For example, if you have the race number “8:12:30,” your running time will start rolling at precisely 30 seconds after 8:12 a.m, whether or not you are physically in the starting chute at that time.
* Under normal late June conditions, the route takes about an hour to race swiftly like the deer, and it takes about 3 hours to walk briskly at the porcupine’s pace.
* Bussing is provided to take runners to the start area in odd numbered years, and during even numbered years the busses bring runners back from the finish line.
* There is an aid station on the course, but you may want to carry more of your own food, beverages, first aid, etc.
* There will be a “sweeper” who walks or rides the course far behind the last participant to help ensure that all participants make it from start to finish.
Post Race Picnic & Awards Ceremony
* Picnic beginning ~11 a.m. at
Homestake Lodge. High Altitude Speed Skating Rink (in 2022). Awards Ceremony at noon.
* The picnic is hosted by Butte’s Piss and Moan Running Club for race participants. Families and friends are welcome as well, we just ask for a donation to offset the costs of serving those not registered to race.
* Complimentary picnic fare with free microbrew and other beverages will be provided.
Homestake Lodge has a covered pavilion with seating, providing cover if weather is unfavorable.
* The High Altitude Speed Skating Rink has indoor seating if the weather is unfavorable. There is plenty of room outside in you want to bring a blanket and sit in the grass. Or you may want to bring your own chairs.
* You must attend the awards ceremony to receive any and all prizes, awards or drawings.
* Awards announced as soon as results are tabulated and verified. Preliminary results are normally posted at the post-race picnic before the first runners arrive there. We have the capability to email results directly from the finish line to the ceremony!
* Random prize drawings. unique prizes and recognition for overall, 40+ age graded, & age group winners. This includes potential prize money for the first finisher in the overall and the 40+ age graded divisions as well as anyone who runs under the premium time.
* The person who most accurately predicts his/her finish time will also be rewarded.
* Lottery prize for those who have finished all of Wulfman’s CDT-14K races.
* Online registration at runsignup.com (click icon in left menu).
* A special gift to the first 50 early registrants.
* Registration limited to the first 240 entrants.
* 10 additional Golden VIP charity registration slots are also open.